Linggo, Hulyo 10, 2011

Life is a gamble



Have you experienced moving to a place without the world you grew up? This is it. Here I am, starting my checklist, making sure not to leave anything important. It took us 2 years to finally decide to move to a place where we can live a much more simple life. Clothes, kitchen wares, bedroom wares, what else?  I left my work to be with my husband; to complete the family.  I am now trying this WAHM thing. Well, I just really hope that this will work out. If this idea is going to be a total flap, I’m afraid I have to get a job in a hotel or restaurant, or most likely with a bank. 
 Whew! I’m afraid that I’ll be living away from my family, my family who I lived with for 25 years. How can I survive this? I considered tons of concerns before I finally said yes. Just the thought of moving away from my family, it’s giving me a creep. Weeks of being sleepless, thinking what’s going to happen to us. I’m afraid of many things, especially the fact that I could not speak the language in that place very well. I’m afraid that the native from that place will laugh at me without me knowing it. It’s driving me insane to be away from my family especially now that my father has to go through a bypass operation. But I have to make a decision, and it has to be firm.  I chose my family, my husband and my daughter.
Oh well, it’s all about taking chances. How will I know if we will not give it a try? I always put in my mind that we can always go home if we cannot survive the life we chose. But we shouldn’t.  We have to be firm with this. Life is like a game of playing cards. Sometimes, you thought you got the best suit and the strongest pair, but you don’t. It’s all a matter of strategy. It’s a gamble that we have to win.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento