Miyerkules, Hulyo 13, 2011

Reality Bites

     The first time I've been to UPM-PGH was a memorable one. I first went to the 6th floor where the Cardiology area is located. I can't believe what my eyes were seeing. You can see patients lying on their hospitals beds on the hallway. At first, I thought these patients were waiting for their turns to the Angiography section. I was wrong. The wards were full. I then went to Trauma ward 13 where my father was supposed to be admitted. While talking to the head nurse, a lady approached the h.n., gave a pineapple. A simple token for taking care of her husband who tried to commit a suicide by shooting himself with a gun on his forehead. Luckily, he will go home now, it's not yet his time. The "scheduler" hasn't arrived. As we continue with our conversation, another patient came in. It stopped in front of me. It almost break my heart to see this gay whose face was almost crashed after he was beaten up by some furious guy. Unluckily, he had severe brain damage which caused him to lose all his memories.
     After my 6,000 steps, I went to the Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. Beside is the pediatric surgery where children with cleft palate were waiting. I feel sorry for this kids who needs to undergo such painful surgery at such an early age. I almost got teary-eyed when I saw one kid  who keeps on smiling and laughing as if everything's alright. After getting the quotation from the surgeon, I went to the billing department. Hundreds were asking for assistance from the medical social services. I just realized, how can some of our government officials afford to buy luxurious vehicles when there are thousands of patients who need a thousand from their millions?
     I salute this certain Chinese community who goes to PGH everyday donating medicines to the unfortunate patients. Imagine a peso from a thousand of people can help save a life. I think it's about time for us to give back. Just imagine how lucky you are not to experience this kind of struggle this people are battling with, everyday..

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento